Thursday, March 05, 2009

misstery manners

ok. you know its bad when you learn about etiquette from the real housewives of orange county. It's even crazier when you watch the new season of the real housewives of NYC and you learn even more. Funny, they didn't cover the whole boobie in your face implants of orange county etiquette but im thinking that the ladies on that show could teach that class instead of paying some pearled uptight mim to school them on that. so my sister and i were appalled with how awful we are with table manners...not truly horrible...but leaning into your plate is a huge No-NO and that's how we eat. i totally lean in like the prisoner to my right might try to swipe a chunk of my pasta. so I am really- REALLY trying to sit up straight proper. like the southern belle i am learning to be. I was glad that I knew the proper fork positioning and the way to eat bread and butter.(which i do actually spend a lot of time eating!) So I watch these total trash shows and then last week at MOPS we had a lesson on etiquette which was cool b/c she actually taught us about the origins. So it's good to know that true etiquette was to keep the peasants in line. and i am nothing if not a peasant! A quick look at the calendar has alerted me that I have less than a month to prepare for outdoor soccer. And a true look at the calendar reveals that I haven't played outdoor soccer in TWO years. UGH. UGH. along with the 20 extra pounds of baby-creating flesh I am carrying around. this is a recipe for disaster. see previous post about wii-fit injury. I should be out jogging instead of here blogging with my coffee, but I am so over Facebook right now. so i am back in the blog world. days til april: 31, jogging hours needed: 62.
posted by PeeKay @ 9:49 AM