Wednesday, August 06, 2008

U.S.ugh

ok. so i ran downstairs for kickoff at 7:45am. it took all of 5 minutes to be completed devastated. so the US women lost 2-0 to Norway, a team that they beat 4-0 just about a month ago. and since this is supposed to be a soccer blog - i will finally put some thoughts down.
  • kate markgraf really blew that second goal- ow. i think she has been doing a lot of bad passing lately.
  • tarpley was doing pretty good so i was surprised to see her taken off for AROD.
  • I would've switched to a 3-4-3 WAY earlier than we did.
  • Heather O had a solid game but I still wish she was up front.
  • i have to admit - I did miss Abby Wambach and felt like she could/would have made a difference. ouch.
  • I wish Aly Wagner got to play and show why she is on the team.
  • Not so sure starting Ang Hucles was the way to go.
  • I REALLY REALLY liked Brandi Chastain's commentary - and I have to say she was WAY better than Julie Foudy. I think her soccer knowledge and EPL knowledge really showed through. bravo.
  • I REALLY thought the US would at least TIE the norway gals. Norway didn't look unsurmountable.
  • ugh- it sucks to be at the bottom of the group.
  • I hope they can freaking BLOW OUT Japan.
  • is it too late to get Mia Hamm out of retirement? im just saying...
  • I really wish Leslie Osbourne was playing instead of Shannon BOXX. sorry shannon, you did nothing for the red white and blue.
  • thank god i got to watch the game in HD, b/c the EFFING tivo recorded 2 hours of msnbc news---- no soccer --- although the tivo listing said soccer. MOFO!

so there, since none of my friends actually took the day off or time to watch, i am left alone with my broiling mind.

oh yeah, and I *think* I am officially having real deal contractions. either that, or my spicy KRAPAO is coming to haunt me in lower back/stomach tightening moments. so go ahead and plan to watch the US vs Japan on Saturday at 5am. yeah baby- FIVE AM. minutes from hospital: 12, hours til my OB of choice ends her rotation for today: 4.

Labels: ,

posted by PeeKay @ 2:41 PM