Tuesday, March 25, 2008

march spazzness

ok. sooo i see someone out there thinks perhaps a girl is on the horizon? eek. love your google searches! anyway, i forgot to write about this but as a new egg-is-evil mommy, I am never sure what is going to happen from week to week. like dr seuss has a birthday in march and stevenjr's preschool decides to celebrate. yay? NAY! such a simple harmless idea. until the brilliant teach decides to celebrate said event by cooking GREEN EGGS N HAM. WTF? to a bunch of 2 year olds that are actually frightened by those scary characters! now I have to contend with my son being in a room full of egg eaters? Does she not understand what an allergy is? does she not see the Epi-pen jr in his bag - each and everytime they change a diaper? and for full disclosure, im a pretty wimpy person. not really into conflict and not really into confrontation. so at first im like No EFFING way, im not bringing my kid in there with all those evil-doers. then I decide i should ask a momma-bear mom friend and turns out, i need to call the teacher and say WTF - as pleasantly as possible. eek. so the day before this egg massacre is to happen, I am working my way up to the dreaded phone call. but the phone rings! and its the teacher! woot! i almost didn't answer! (an affliction i developed back in my technical support days, when i was sick of talking to angry a-hole customers who didn't understand our ridiculous software.) but I realized this was my chance and i answered! such a nice little convo. turns out that she had thought better of subjecting steven to this egg contest and decided to make mashed potatoes for him and she promised to have a teacher sit with him one-on-one and make sure he didn't go mooching off the others or god-forbid dumpster diving(come on, all boys have a thing for trash barrels, right?). so it was all shits and giggles here. i didn't have to confront - but i got to be a little bitchy, by saying i was keeping him home. so she felt bad and fixed the problem with a solution that worked. ahhhh the joys of parenthood. this is not recommended on an empty, sober stomach. So we are gearing up for our mid April travels to Florida.

we got to see march madness in full effect on Saturday. apparently people really hate DUKE around here(maybe everywhere outside of DUKE campus?) not going to an ACC school, it is lost on me, but since I had duke beating WVU, I wore a new bright blue maternity shirt to the game. thinking really- of course they win! then i get to my seat and am surrounded by west virginia fans! screaming go mountaineers. I kept asking steve if they were really saying mousekateers b/c it really does sound the same in a group yell. most of my row was UVA fans and they apparently really HATE DUKE. so I sat quietly and clapped for any GOOD basketball plays. which there were many. I didn't want to anger the moonshine crowd from the mountains of WV - in case they didn't see my huge preggo belly - who knows - they may hit first and look for signs of pregnancy second. Any while we are talking about it, have you seen the WVU mascot? It's a mountaineer. but its not a big headed fuzzy mascot. it's a DUDE. in a brown getup - complete with coonskin hat and rifle. ok? it sucks and its odd. get a puffy headed mascot will ya?!
In my mind, the Xavier game was much more fun. Even though there was an enormous obese man behind me yelling LET'S GO X, every time they were on offense. I can't fault some one for alumni spirit - but try yelling up to God instead of directly into the back of my head. NCAA games are dry, so steveO didn't get to enjoy any brews, but I made up for it by having, a water, a coke, a pretzel and DIPPIN DOTS! yahoo. so tune into ESPN tonight to see the UMASS minutemen (with puffy-headed mascot) beat the snot out of the Syracuse oranges. days to sex identification: 6, chances its a girl: 50-50, chances its a boy: 90-10.

Labels: ,

posted by PeeKay @ 1:34 PM